We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards for our product, technology, customer service, and for being a great place to work. We have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 500 people globally.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
About the Opportunity
ManyPets now has over half a million customers, which keeps our small (and perfectly formed) Finance team very busy! As such, we’re looking for someone to join our pack and help us reconcile our premium trust accounts, making sure that we collect the right monies from our customers.
Premium reconciliation plays a significant part of our cash management. In this role, you’ll focus on our insurance premiums, ensuring that everything is running smoothly and any potential issues are flagged before anything reaches a customer. You’ll also oversee our “money back” processes, making sure our customers are paid back their money correctly – and on time.
You’ll be the sort of person who is comfortable reconciling and manipulating large data sets, spotting gaps, and being able think a step ahead to mitigate any potential problems. You’ll have a sixth sense for issues before they happen and be able to balance commercial awareness with superb customer care.
We can offer you the opportunity to work in an environment that’s open to new ideas and ways of working. We can promise you’ll be joining a business where your stakeholders welcome your insight and support, and you’ll make an impact to the health and wellbeing of pets around the world from day one.
- Reconciliation of customer payments for our pet insurance products, ensuring that payments and refunds are reported correctly.
- Identify payment issues and actively investigate and correct discrepancies before anything reaches a customer.
- Manage the business “money back” process ensuring that customers are paid back correctly and on time.
- Partner closely with the UK Operations teams (Claims and Customer Support) to diagnose the root cause, providing training on best practise as needed.
- Create and distribute documentation to support in-house training and further development on our insurance premium reconciliation process.
- Support the Technical Operations team with day-to-day monitoring of our policy administration systems, ensuring automations have been completed as expected.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Design to make sure any use of automation or algorithmic design is delivering the right payment outcomes for our customers.
- Identify learning and development needs which ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements, including corrective actions.
- Lead by example and role modelling our company values, inspiring others to do the same.
What Leads to Success
Here are some of the individual skills we know will enable you to succeed in this position. If you don’t tick every box - don't worry. We can support you in both your personal and professional development:
- You bring high accuracy, quality, and attention to detail everything you do.
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who is always thinking a step ahead about the wider impact of what you’re doing on the wider business.
- You take the initiative without too much support. You're accountable for delivery in an environment that is ever changing - and where you set your own outcomes.
- You love solving the knottiest problems and are the sort of person who finds a way to make things work.
- You're an active listener with a human-centric, collaborative working style.
- You're customer-centric and can view what you do through customer’s eyes - while remaining commercially astute.
- You immerse yourself in new challenges, learning from others and helping others learn new skills along the way.
- You're the sort of person who is highly analytical and who enjoys translating complex ideas into something everyone can understand.
What We’re Looking For
- You might be in a similar finance analyst or reconciliation role and looking for something that allows you to be more impactful.
- You bring hands-on experience of reconciling payments and working with large data sets
- You have a good grasp of Microsoft Excel, with a capacity and willingness to learn more.
- Any experience within customer service or customer-facing roles would be highly advantageous.
- You’re used to working with various administrative systems and able to learn new software easily.
- Ideally, you'll have some experience of working in a scale-up business like ours. Things move very quickly here, and it'll set you up for success if you've done this before.
- Any experience within insurance (preferably pet) would be highly advantageous.
Inclusion at ManyPets
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack. We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.
We work from home and our company offices in the UK, so we've created our "Making Work, Work" guide which explains it all. We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing.
On a typical day you’ll be working from a laptop with a screen, mouse, keyboard, and headset. You’ll be meeting your colleagues on Zoom and keeping in touch regularly via email and Slack too – we’d expect you to be using your computer for around seven hours a day. We’d ask that you have a distraction-free work area and a reliable internet connection with a speed of 25Mbps so you can work effectively. We’ll make sure you have the right home set-up that supports you in the role by providing best-in-class technology, money towards a desk, and vision support. We’re open to discussing any adjustments you may need too – we’ll be in touch before you join to discuss what you need to be at your best.
Reasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion team in complete confidence. Our Inclusion team are not the hiring managers for this role and they're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)
Connect With Us!
Global LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | Crunchbase | YouTube Instagram | UK Facebook | Twitter | TikTok | USA Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Sweden Facebook | Instagram