We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards for our product, technology, customer service, and for being a great place to work. We have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 500 people globally.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
About the Opportunity
Our UK business has seen a lot of change in the last year. We’ve restructured, changed our UK insurance carrier, and have brought all claims fully in-house - all while facing challenging global market conditions. Throughout this process our Compliance team has supported our company to advise on risks and regulatory changes so we can be sure we’re taking care of our business operations, our customers, and the wellbeing of their pets.
In this role, you’ll support our UK business with commercially focussed advice that mitigates risk – and promotes compliance to our regulatory framework with the Financial Conduct Authority. You’ll take the lead on regulatory change initiatives, supporting our leaders and teams in interpreting what this mean for us. You’ll also act as the primary point of contact for data protection advice and guidance too.
We’re looking for a skilled relationship builder and someone who can break down complicated requirements into something everyone can understand, meaning we can implement changes smoothly and with a positive impact to our customers. Reporting to the Group Head of Compliance, you’ll be able to input into the overall direction of compliance in the UK, challenging how we operate and acting as a catalyst for change.
- Advocate for compliance and risk, ensuring awareness and standards are raised and maintained across the UK business.
- Leverage your internal stakeholder relationships to deliver actionable insight and advice that enables ManyPets to remain both compliant - and innovative.
- Represent the Compliance team to governance fora, helping us to shape projects and initiatives with regulatory requirements in mind.
- Build and maintain resilient working relationships with all levels of external stakeholders including our partners, regulators, and auditors.
- Interpret regulations or upcoming changes, providing commercially focussed and robust advice that promotes ongoing compliance.
- Act as a key stakeholder in regulatory change projects, assisting the business to interpret the requirements and to provide advice and challenge around implementation.
- Act as the primary point of contact for data protection advice and queries.
- Contribute to the team horizon scanning process – communicating requirements and creating plans to make sure best practices are implemented.
- Lead by example and role modelling our company values - inspiring others to do the same.
- Provide mentoring and leadership support that encourages both personal commitment and high-performing team culture.
- Coach the teams’ personal and professional development, proactively managing any areas of underperformance and developing improvement plans with the Group Head of Compliance, as needed.
- Deputise for the Group Head of Compliance and support global projects, where required.
What Leads to Success
Here are some of the individual skills we know will enable you to succeed in this position. If you don’t tick every box - don't worry. We can support you in both your personal and professional development:
- You can balance the need for compliance and regulation with the personality and emotional depth needed for superb customer care and stakeholder management.
- You build collaborative relationships and demonstrate the ability to influence across the business - you make change happen by working well with others.
- You're the sort of person who is highly analytical and who enjoys translating complex wording or terminology into something everyone can understand.
- One of your biggest strengths is being able to work across multiple projects at the same time - and changing course quickly if necessary!
- You're a stickler for accuracy with superb attention to detail.
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who is always thinking a step ahead about the wider impact to the business.
- You have a strong investigative streak; you can think broadly, creatively solving problems and challenging the way things work.
- You take the initiative without too much support. You're accountable for delivery in an environment that is ever changing - and where you set your own outcomes.
What We’re Looking For
- You’re an established risk and compliance professional with several years’ experience of compliance and data protection advice for a general insurer or intermediary.
- You have deep knowledge of the general insurance market and customer journey, particularly:
- Product governance and fair value regulations
- Distribution compliance
- Consumer Duty
- Dispute resolution (“DISP”) rules
- You are knowledgeable of all applicable regulations for our industry, including the FCA handbooks, and UK data protection legislation.
- You understand risk management processes and outsource governance and you have previous experience of leading these projects in partnership with senior leaders.
- You’re able to assimilate a range of management data, compiling information into conclusions and actionable plans in a way that everyone can understand.
- You'll have an impeccable understanding of and English - written and verbal – and be able to write reports and updates with minimal support, in a clear and connected way.
- You’ll have a good understanding of insurance, preferably pet insurance.
- We'd love it if you had a relevant degree, ICA diploma, CIPP/E certification however we appreciate not everyone is able to pursue further education. Your life and commercial experience are just as valuable!
Inclusion at ManyPets
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack. We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.
We work from home and our company offices in the UK, so we've created our "Making Work, Work" guide which explains it all. We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing.
On a typical day you’ll be working from a laptop with a screen, mouse, keyboard, and headset. You’ll be meeting your colleagues on Zoom and keeping in touch regularly via email and Slack too – we’d expect you to be using your computer for around seven hours a day. We’d ask that you have a distraction-free work area and a reliable internet connection with a speed of 25Mbps so you can work effectively. We’ll make sure you have the right home set-up that supports you in the role by providing best-in-class technology, money towards a desk, and vision support. We’re open to discussing any adjustments you may need too – we’ll be in touch before you join to discuss what you need to be at your best.
Reasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion team in complete confidence. Our Inclusion team are not the hiring managers for this role and they're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)
Connect With Us!
Global LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | Crunchbase | YouTube Instagram | UK Facebook | Twitter | TikTok | USA Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Sweden Facebook | Instagram