We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards for our product, technology, customer service, and for being a great place to work. We have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 500 people globally.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
About the Opportunity
We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents. We're expanding our Engineering, Product and Design ("EPD") team and looking to hire a Systems Administrator to support our global business. We’re looking for a patient, practical, and positive person who can support the smooth running of our business in a remote-first world. This is a varied technical operations position where you’ll have the opportunity to see demonstrable impact from day one.
We’ll look to you to provide day-to-day technical support across our platforms and systems to our staff teams across the business, primarily, using our IT Helpdesk solution, carry out ongoing monitoring, plus support with user training all while looking for continuous improvement opportunities.
You'll be joining an experienced, warm, and relaxed team where you’ll be given plenty of autonomy. You’ll be empowered to learn and assimilate technical knowledge quickly, taking on new systems and challenges to match a business of our size and scale.
- Support staff team members through IT Issues that are logged via the IT Helpdesk system, making sure that these are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Collaborate with teams within the business to support, administer, and monitor a wide variety of IT Systems.
- Work collaboratively as part of the TechOps team to look for improvements to existing processes and systems and suggest new ones where appropriate.
- Provide Technical Onboarding for new staff to the business and ongoing technical support.
- Provide training and guidance to colleagues on new or changed processes and systems.
- Work on short term projects which may include the scoping, delivery and monitoring of new devices, systems or initiatives.
- Work collaboratively as part of the TechOps team to keep the TechOps Knowledgebase and the IT Support knowledgebase portals up to date and produce new documentation where needed.
What Leads to Success
Here are some of the individual skills we know will enable you to succeed in this position. If you don’t tick every box - don't worry. We can support you in both your personal and professional development:
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who likes to move fast, pragmatically seeking problems and thinking about the wider impact to the business.
- You support others to deliver the best work possible, being there to guide, support and help unblock any problems.
- You are able to confidently and concisely explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- One of your biggest strengths is being able to work across multiple issues at the same time - and changing course quickly if necessary.
- You’re able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced and often changeable environment.
- You embrace and support the development of those around you – supporting your team through new tools, approaches, or ways of working.
- You're curious - you like to be aware of emerging technology, channels, and systems.
- You bring high accuracy, quality, and attention to detail everything you do.
- You’re confident in making technical and sometimes difficult decisions.
What We’re Looking For
- You bring knowledge of Microsoft environments (Microsoft 365 including Azure AD, Intune and Group Policy, Windows 10, Office, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- You have experience with cloud-based architecture and software - we don’t have any physical servers at ManyPets, so we’re ideally looking for someone who has Azure and AWS experience in a former role.
- You have good problem-solving skills with first-hand experience of resolving issues with IT hardware (e.g., laptops, printers, networking etc.)
- You’re able to confidently administer and test customer service support systems (e.g., Zendesk / CRM, telephony, chat, social media et al.)
- You have an applied understanding of TCP/IP networking LAN/WAN (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN).
Inclusion at ManyPets
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack. We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.
We work from home and our company offices in the UK, so we've created our "Making Work, Work" guide which explains it all. We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing.
On a typical day you’ll be working from a laptop with a screen, mouse, keyboard, and headset. You’ll be meeting your colleagues on Zoom and keeping in touch regularly via email and Slack too – we’d expect you to be using your computer for around seven hours a day. We’d ask that you have a distraction-free work area and a reliable internet connection with a speed of 25Mbps so you can work effectively. We’ll make sure you have the right home set-up that supports you in the role by providing best-in-class technology, money towards a desk, and vision support. We’re open to discussing any adjustments you may need too – we’ll be in touch before you join to discuss what you need to be at your best.
Reasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion team in complete confidence. Our Inclusion team are not the hiring managers for this role and they're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)
Connect With Us!
Global LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | Crunchbase | YouTube Instagram | UK Facebook | Twitter | TikTok | USA Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Sweden Facebook | Instagram