We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards for our product, technology, customer service, and for being a great place to work. We have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 500 people globally.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an insurance professional to take a key role as our new Insurance Relationship Manager. Through managing our complex global reinsurance needs, you’ll help us unlock opportunities that enable us to achieve our commercial targets and make sure we become the world’s leading pet health subscription business.
We already have an enviable portfolio exceeding 500,000 customers - with many more pets and their parents joining us every day. Given our portfolio size (and our future ambition to become our own insurance carrier) our reinsurance needs are evolving are a big part of our plans. You’ll be a key person in our business to help us deliver on our strategy. Reporting into the Head of UK Insurance Product Innovation and partnering with our USA teams, you’ll be able to own and coordinate our global reinsurance workstreams.
- Coordinate carrier and reinsurance activities, ensuring technical development work and actions are prioritised through building resilient relationships and lasting partnerships.
- Act as a key liaison for our carrier and reinsurers, engendering partnerships through clear and timely communication that fosters trust.
- Management of Broker relationships that support our carrier and reinsurance partnerships.
- Ensure regular communication is shared with relevant global and regional leadership teams on key reinsurance activity, needs, and deadlines.
- Support the day-to-day smooth operation of our carrier and reinsurer relationships by communicating our carrier and reinsurer obligations and changes to the relevant teams in the UK MGA (Managing General Agent).
- Responsible for the onboarding of new reinsurers and run-off exits.
- Ownership of our internal and external governance framework for our carrier and reinsurers.
- Facilitate our commercial contract negotiations with our reinsurers.
- Partner with Legal to scope and draft documentation (such as Binding Authority and Non-Disclosure Agreements), ensuring we have the right level of continuous coverage.
- Support the Head of UK Insurance Product Innovation by helping our departments to navigate our governance framework to enable change.
- Help the wider Underwriting team deliver actionable insight across the business, as we react to ever-changing market conditions.
- Ensure we have appropriate governance around any proposed reinsurance or carrier initiatives.
- Support our Group Head of Compliance to identify the impact of legal and regulatory changes; planning and implementing any training required.
- Lead by example and role model our company values - inspiring others to do the same.
What Leads to Success
Here are some of the individual skills we know will enable you to succeed in this position. If you don’t tick every box - don't worry. We can support you in both your personal and professional development:
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who likes to move fast, pragmatically seeking problems and thinking about the wider impact to the business.
- You build collaborative relationships and demonstrate the ability to influence across the business - you make change happen by working well with others.
- You support others to deliver the best work possible, being there to guide, support and help unblock any problems.
- You're an active listener with a human-centric, collaborative working style.
- You're curious - striving to find innovative solutions and answers, and not accepting market practice as the only answer.
- You break down complexity - making things easy to understand.
- You take the initiative without too much support. You're accountable for delivery in an environment that is ever changing - and where you set your own outcomes.
What We’re Looking For
- You're an insurance professional with a great understanding of underwriting, pricing, and insurance processes.
- You understand the commercial needs of an MGA, carrier, and reinsurers.
- You’re able to manage multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously – understanding their individual needs and managing expectations. You’re known as a relationship builder and a skilled negotiator.
- You’re able to understand relevant legal documentation and you bring demonstrable experience of reviewing commercial agreements.
- You’ll have experience of working in a regulated industry and understand how to balance “thinking big” with regulatory guidelines.
- You will have a good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities specifically for insurance carriers - and can advise on how we need to meet our regulatory obligations.
- Ideally, you'll have some experience of working in a scale-up business like ours. Things move very quickly here, and it'll set you up for success if you've done this before.
Inclusion at ManyPets
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack. We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.
We work from home and our company offices in the UK, so we've created our "Making Work, Work" guide which explains it all. We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing. Coupled with a generous holiday allowance and regular care packs, we’re always looking for new ways to look out for our people.
On a typical day you’ll be working from a laptop with a screen, mouse, keyboard, and headset. You’ll be meeting your colleagues on Zoom and keeping in touch regularly via email and Slack too – we’d expect you to be using your computer for around seven hours a day. We’d ask that you have a distraction-free work area and a reliable internet connection with a speed of 25Mbps so you can work effectively. We’ll make sure you have the right home set-up that supports you in the role by providing best-in-class technology, money towards a desk, and vision support. We’re open to discussing any adjustments you may need too – we’ll be in touch before you join to discuss what you need to be at your best.
Reasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion team in complete confidence. Our Inclusion team is made up of people from across our global business - and they are not the hiring managers for this role. We're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)
Connect With Us!
Global LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | Crunchbase | YouTube Instagram | UK Facebook | Twitter | TikTok | USA Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Sweden Facebook | Instagram