We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped over half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards, have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 400 people globally.
Award-winning, innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: our “Complete” policy ranks top of the Which? cat and dog insurance Best Buy tables. (December 2021) We've also been voted the Pet Insurance Provider Of The Year in the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards (2021) - and we’ve received over 21,000 5-star Feefo reviews in the past 12 months.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at over $2bn.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people who are able to bring their whole selves to work every day. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
About the Opportunity
It's been a fast growth trajectory since our Series D funding and our launch in the USA in March 2021 - and our business model is undergoing exciting change. We have ambitious plans to build on our remarkable growth trajectory by acquiring our own US-based, insurance carrier (which is currently going through the process of obtaining regulatory approval.) By acquiring our own carrier alongside our existing brokerage business, we will be able to provide best-in-breed cover for our customers and have more flexibility in delivering product innovation.
Given our plans, we’re now looking for a Compliance Officer to help us manage the regulatory responsibilities of our US business. In this role, you’ll take ownership of all regulatory compliance for our new venture: Many Insurance Company – a Delaware incorporated insurance carrier and additionally all compliance for our existing US brokerage business.
We’re looking for a skilled relationship builder and someone who can break down complicated requirements into something everyone can understand. You’ll bring a deep understanding of federal and state laws and regulations – coupled with the ability to independently recognize, develop, and implement cost effective compliance solutions for our program. You'll be a key person in the development of our current and future approach.
Reporting directly to our CEO of the Carrier in the USA, you’ll guide the overall direction of compliance, challenging how we operate and acting as a catalyst for change. We’ll look to you to identify opportunities for improvement, growth and iteration and fostering a culture of compliance across our business. By joining us at this stage in our journey, you'll have plenty of scope to grow with us - plus build truly meaningful relationships with a smorgasbord of stakeholders across our growing teams including our US CEO and our Group Head of Compliance.
- Delivering our local market compliance programme, including monitoring.
- Supporting the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of insurance-related contracts in conjunction with our US Legal Counsel and any external advisers we're working with.
- Submitting all information necessary to meet statutory and regulatory requirements on time to the appropriate Committees, Boards, and external bodies.
- Assisting with incident management, and regulatory reporting, where rule breaches have occurred.
- Ensuring all correspondence, websites, marketing material and documents comply with regulatory requirements before providing compliance approval.
- Acting a single point of contract for insurance regulators.
- Horizon scanning and proactively advising the business on compliance best practices and on the latest changes in regulatory requirements.
- Providing advice, guidance and insight to management and staff on compliance issues.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective US compliance training programme.
- Working with other departments and functions across the US business to implement and enforce policies.
- Building and maintaining great working relationships with all levels of stakeholders including partners, regulators, and auditors.
- Working closely with (and where appropriate) escalating matters to the US CEO as needed.
What Leads to Success
Here are some of the individual skills we know will enable you to succeed in this position. If you don’t tick every box - don't worry. We can support you in both your personal and professional development:
- You're the sort of person who is highly analytical and who enjoys translating complex wording or terminology into something everyone can understand.
- One of your biggest strengths is being able to work across multiple projects at the same time - and changing course quickly If necessary!
- You're a stickler for accuracy with superb attention to detail.
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who is always thinking a step ahead about the wider Impact to the business.
- You’re organised and able to work independently, managing your own workload.
- You make change happen by working well with others.
- You demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- You will be excellent at written and verbal communication.
- You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments and cultures.
- You're someone who enjoys working in a fast-moving start-up environment, striving to make things better and challenge the status quo.
What We’re Looking For
- You will have several years' experience working on insurance law, regulation, and compliance.
- You will have experience of insurance contracts (e.g., program administration agreements) and understanding of how things work in a highly regulated industry.
- You will have experience of compliance monitoring and internal audit experience.
- You will be professionally certified, ideally holding one of the following relevant qualifications:
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Leadership Professional in Ethics and Compliance (LPEC)
- Certified Compliance Professional (CCP) by IABFM
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- You want to be part of a fast-paced, scale-up environment, like ours!
Inclusion at ManyPets
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. We believe Black Lives Matter and we want you to join a company that makes unbiased choices and is committed to being anti-racist. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack.
We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.
Everything changed overnight when the pandemic happened. Suddenly everything was different: whether we were in a home office, spare room, or makeshift desk: we were working on our own and dealing with Zoom calls, bad Wi-Fi, and a very different working day. We now work from home and our company office, so we've created our Making Work, Work guide, which explains it all.
We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing. Coupled with a generous holiday allowance and regular care packs, we’re always looking for new ways to look out for our people.
Our company values drive everything we do - and they are:
Show You Care | Do The Right Thing | Think Big | Work Together | Be Tenacious
Connect With Us!
LinkedIn | Instagram: UK USA Sweden| Facebook: UK USA Sweden | Twitter: UK USA | TikTok | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | Crunchbase
Reasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion Council in complete confidence. Our Inclusion Council is a cross-functional group of people from our global business - and they are not the hiring managers for this role. We're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)