We love pets - which is why we’re on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their parents. We offer pet insurance policies with generous pet health benefits that are designed with their needs in mind. We’ve helped over half a million pets stay happy and healthy since 2017 - and many more customers throughout the world are joining us every day. We’ve won numerous awards, have offices in the USA, UK, and Sweden - and we now employ over 400 people globally.
Award-winning, innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: our “Complete” policy ranks top of the Which? cat and dog insurance Best Buy tables. (December 2021) We've also been voted the Pet Insurance Provider Of The Year in the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards (2021) - and we’ve received over 21,000 5-star Feefo reviews in the past 12 months.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at over $2bn.
Our company is fast-moving, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their wellbeing. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people who are able to bring their whole selves to work every day. Throughout our business you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact and love to try new things. Want to join our pack? Join us. Love every moment. Love ManyPets.
About The Opportunity
Following the fantastic success of our 2021 launch in the USA, we're strengthening our local marketing team with a new Content Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small (and growing) local marketing team, while also developing collaborative relationships with a larger global team that has offices in Sweden and the UK.
Put simply, our mission is to make the world a better place for pet parents. In this role, you’ll make our ambition a reality by helping educate, engage, and courage pet parents to choose us to insure and protect their pets. We’ll look to you to plan and produce content (including articles, videos, social posts, and emails) that attracts, engages, and motivates customers to consider our brand, and coordinate this content over multiple touchpoints.
In this role you’ll create content and help us maintain a “content calendar” across our local social media channels (paid, owned, shared and organic). We’ll also ask you to craft content for our ManyPets website in the USA (including our blog) and other content you think we should be creating. You'll also be hands-on in writing copy and content yourself. Since we're a regulated industry, you'll need to be comfortable with making sure we’re compliant while creating engaging and emotional connections with our customers. This role will suit someone who is used to working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment - where we like to think big, try out creative thinking – and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Manage our US content plan and producing compelling content, including blog articles, in collaboration with the Lead Content Editor and wider US content and growth marketing team.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing and monitoring company's Social Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve Marketing efforts and increase sales.
- Partner with our growth marketing and engineering teams to ensure that content is SEO-optimized.
- Work with design team on ideation of engaging visual images and illustrations.
- Short form copy writing: including customer-oriented emails and UX copy for mobile and desktop.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and monitoring company's social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales.
- Align with our internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure everything we share is on-brand and consistent across all touchpoints.
- Analyze competitor content, messaging, and distribution tactics, and sharing your recommendations in response.
- Identify target audiences and their key demographics, interests, and online behaviour.
- Proactively keep on top of trends in content, so we understand how we can innovate our approach, engage new customers, and retain existing customers.
- Support the global marketing team with ad-hoc projects as needed
- Craft responses to customer reviews on platforms such as Trustpilot.
- Work with producers, illustrators and designers on ideation and scriptwriting for short-form video.
What Leads to Success
Here are some of the individual skills we know will enable you to succeed in this position. If you don’t tick every box - don't worry. We can support you in both your personal and professional development:
- You're a creative thinker and someone who likes to "think big" and try new things.
- You’re able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced (and often changeable) environment.
- You're customer-centric and can view what you do through customer’s eyes - while remaining commercially astute.
- You get your “hustle” on – delivering work quickly and to a high standard.
- You take the initiative without too much support. You're accountable for delivery in an environment that is ever changing - and where you set your own outcomes.
- You embrace and support the development of those around you – supporting your team through new tools, approaches, or ways of working.
- You take a structured approach to complex problems, use data to inform decisions and communicate clearly.
What We’re Looking For
- You’ll have previous experience in a B2C content marketing role that included some combination of writing, editing, and social media marketing. You have experience of planning and creating engaging marketing content for a brand like ours.
- You’re an excellent, engaging, and witty writer and you’re able to produce anything from a concise marketing email through to a 2,000-word guide for our customers.
- You’re a savvy social media marketer, with an instinctive understanding of which content and strategies turn consumers into customers on social.
- You have at least a basic understanding of SEO best practices. (If you know what the acronym stands for, that’s a start.)
- Ideally, you’ll know how to balance local market delivery with a larger global brand and overarching strategy.
- You don’t need experience working with a pet-oriented brand – but you do need to be passionate about pets!
Inclusion at ManyPets
We believe diversity, belonging and inclusion are more than just words or things we should be 'seen' to be doing. Having diversity at the core of our business makes us stronger - and the responsibility for creating an inclusive workplace rests with all of us. We believe Black Lives Matter and we want you to join a company that makes unbiased choices and is committed to being anti-racist. If you'd like to read more about this, please download our Approach to Inclusion pack.
We promise to give you the same opportunities as everyone else and we won’t discriminate against you at any point in the process. This includes how we source talent, our interview process, our conditions of employment (including pay) and feedback.
Everything changed overnight when the pandemic happened. Suddenly everything was different: whether we were in a home office, spare room, or makeshift desk: we were working on our own and dealing with Zoom calls, bad Wi-Fi, and a very different working day. We now work from home and our company office, so we've created our Making Work, Work guide, which explains it all.
We offer a fantastic range of company benefits to suit everyone in a remote-first world, with a focus on supporting our physical and mental wellbeing. Coupled with a generous holiday allowance and regular care packs, we’re always looking for new ways to look out for our people.
Our company values drive everything we do - and they are:
Show You Care | Do The Right Thing | Think Big | Work Together | Be Tenacious
Connect With Us!
LinkedIn | Instagram: UK USA Sweden| Facebook: UK USA Sweden | Twitter: UK USA | TikTok | Glassdoor | Indeed | FeeFo | Trustpilot | Crunchbase
Reasonable Adjustments and Support
If you need any help, support or advice at any point during the hiring process please email our Inclusion Council in complete confidence. Our Inclusion Council is a cross-functional group of people from our global business - and they are not the hiring managers for this role. We're here to make sure everyone has a fair and equitable experience when they're considering joining us. If you want to talk or ask any questions, we are here to listen (and we'll do what we can to flex our approach to a process that suits you.)